Hi everyone, it’s Hope. And today I am coming back to give you some tips and tricks to travel for less. I only choose five advice, but I can do a part II if you ask. Let’s get started!
1. Booking very early or the latest you can.
It really depends on what we’re talking about;
- Train : early
- Flight : early, but also last minutes for the big companies
- Hotel : last minute, even D-day if you’re not a planner person (but I am, so I never did that ha-ha but I have friends who do that).
2. Check contest and promotional offers online.
3. Forget price-comparison websites !
Depends on where you go and where you’re from, only three (maybe four if you rather) are enough to book a flight and make great deals :
- The national airline of the country you leave
- The national airline of the country you want to spend holidays in
- One or two low cost companies.
PS. Forget about Vueling if you want to keep your luggage. 😉
4. Play it like a bat.
Right now, you’re probably thinking “what the hell”, yes, but no, when you want to book a flight, do it between midnight and 3am because when you buy a ticket you also contribute to air taxes, fuel taxes, landing fees and airport improvelent fees (yes, all of this), but when you buy it between these hours you don’t pay the airport part of it; and it can go from 50 dollars to more than 200 dollars !
5.Make a budget and respect it.
Budgetting is about setting priorities, both positive and negative.
So this sentence sums up pretty much everything. When you make your budget, don’t forget the “extra and emergency” part for that cute dress you fall in love with or that trendy restaurant you just find out.